Browse the archive.
Category = Education Sciences // Subcategory = Research_Organizations
1. Association for Experiential Education The Association for Experiential Education (AEE) is a nonprofit, professional membership association dedicated to experiential education and the students, educators and practitioners who utilize its philosophy. A wide variety of members make up our association including ropes course operators; school, college, and university staff and faculty; therapists; outdoor education practitioners; organizational development specialists; experience-based professionals working in the nonprofit, private, and academic space; and members of many other areas of experiential education.
2. My Next Move My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers. Users can find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on a person's interests and level of work experience.
My Next Move is developed and maintained by the National Center for O*NET Development, under the sponsorship of the US Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA) through a grant to the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
3. National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST) NARST: A Worldwide Organization for Improving Science Teaching and Learning Through Research. Since its inception in 1928, NARST has promoted research in science education and the communication of knowledge generated by the research. The ultimate goal of NARST is to help all learners achieve science literacy.
4. National Science Teachers Association - Science and Education Resource Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the National Science Teachers Association is a member-driven organization, 60,000-strong. We publish books and journals for science teachers from kindergarten through college. Each year we hold four conferences on science education: three regional events in the fall and a national gathering in the spring. We provide ways for science teachers to connect with one another. We inform Congress and the public on vital questions affecting science literacy and a well-educated workforce. And with your help, we can do even more.
5. National Society For Experiential Education National Society for Experiential Education (NSEE) is a nonprofit membership association of educators, businesses, and community leaders. Founded in 1971, NSEE also serves as a national resource center for the development and improvement of experiential education programs nationwide.
6. O-NET OnLine The O*NET program is the nation's primary source of occupational information. Central to the project is the O*NET database, containing information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors. The database, which is available to the public at no cost, is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation. Information from this database forms the heart of O*NET OnLine, an interactive application for exploring and searching occupations. The database also provides the basis for our Career Exploration Tools, a set of valuable assessment instruments for workers and students looking to find or change careers.
The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) is being developed under the sponsorship of the US Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA) through a grant to the North Carolina Department of Commerce
7. Pennsylvania Department of Education The mission of the Pennsylvania Department of Education is to assist the General Assembly, the Governor, the Secretary of Education and Pennsylvania educators in providing for the maintenance and support of a thorough and efficient system of education.
The Department also cooperates with independent groups concerned with public education including the State Tax Equalization Board, State Public School Building Authority, Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, Pennsylvania Public School Employes Retirement Board and the Pennsylvania Public Television Network Commission.
8. The Science of Education - Dana FoundationOVERVIEW
The Dana Foundation is a private philanthropic organization that supports brain research through grants and educates the public about the successes and potential of brain research. Dana produces free publications; coordinates the International Brain Awareness Week campaign; supports the Dana Alliances, a network of neuroscientists; and maintains a Web site, www.dana.org.
The Dana Foundation's science and health grants support clinical research in neuroscience and neuroimmunology and their interrelationship in human health and disease.
Grant programs include brain imaging, clinical neuroscience research, and neuroimmunology. The Web pages provide descriptions of the focus of each of these programs, application guidelines and summaries of supported studies and their results.
The Foundation also occasionally sponsors workshops and forums for working scientists and curricula development in areas related to its program grants.
9. U.S. Department of Education About ED: Overview and Mission Statement
ED's mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access.
ED was created in 1980 by combining offices from several federal agencies. ED's 4,400 employees and $68 billion budget are dedicated to:
- Establishing policies on federal financial aid for education, and distributing as well as monitoring those funds.
- Collecting data on America's schools and disseminating research.
- Focusing national attention on key educational issues.
- Prohibiting discrimination and ensuring equal access to education.
Contact ED staff. See performance plans and accountability reports and ED's strategic plan. Find out about ED's offices and structure. Learn about ED's mission, initiatives, senior staff, and website.