Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
81. FreeTechBooksThis site lists free online computer Science, mathematics, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes, all of which are legally and freely available over the Internet.
82. GEOExpro - The favourite petroleum geoScience magazineGEO ExPro is an interdisciplinary magazine and online publication which explains, clarifies and discusses geoScience and technology in an easy-to-read manner, allowing busy professionals to rapidly catch up on industry developments within the disciplines of Geology, Geophysics and Reservoir Engineering. The wide range of abundantly illustrated articles mean that there is something of interest for everybody involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas resources throughout the world; from the Arctic to the Sahara, and from recent technological advances to emerging new frontiers.
83. Geomatrix - Milton Keynes, Geophysical Instrumentation SuppliersGeomatrix Earth Science Ltd was formed in 2001 when Earth Science Systems was acquired from Mr Peter Fenning by Geometrics (UK) Ltd. Both companies have a long tradition of supplying and working with both the industrial and academic sides of exploration geophysics and it has always been the intention of the current management team at Geomatrix Earth Science to continue this tradition, and build upon the successes and reputation of both companies.
84. Georgia Institute of Technology - School of Materials Science and EngineeringThe School of Materials Science and Engineering at Georgia Tech is one of the strongest in the world with 55 thesis sponsoring faculty. Our undergraduate and graduate programs are routinely ranked among the nations leading programs by U.S. News and World Report. We offer degrees in Materials Science and Engineering at the bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. levels.
Our undergraduate students have research experience before graduating with most receiving a scholarship. Graduate students receive financial assistance in the form of graduate fellowships and assistantships.
Our students are active in professional organizations such as the Georgia Tech Chapters of the American Ceramic Society, ASM International, TMS, MRS, Society of Plastics Engineers, Phi Psi, Keromos and several other honor societies. View program statistics and highlights.
85. Google: Computer Science for High School (CS4HS)CS4HS (Computer Science for High School) is an initiative sponsored by Google to promote Computer Science and Computational Thinking in high school and middle school curriculum. With a grant from Google's Education Group, universities develop 2-3 day workshops for local high school and middle school CS teachers. These workshops incorporate informational talks by industry leaders, and discussions on new and emerging CS curricula at the high school and middle school level. On this site, you'll find information on how to apply for a CS4HS grant, information for workshop attendees and partners, and other helpful resources. We currently offer CS4HS grants in the US, Canada, Europe, Middle East, Africa, China, New Zealand, and Australia.
The 2012 application process is now open. Please submit your application by March 3, 2012 to be considered for a CS4HS 2012 grant. Grant amounts for 2012 will be approximately 10K-15K USD.
86. Harvard - Undergraduate Programs - Computer ScienceParticipate in research on software, graphics, artificial intelligence, networks, parallel and distributed systems, algorithms, and theory
THE ANSWERS TO TODAY'S BIG QUESTIONS - whether in engineering, physics, biology, or economics, inevitably have computation at their core.
Researchers and professionals increasingly need their own version of the search engine: a way to take a flood of information and organize and use it efficiently.
Computer Science is of course about creating code and running software, but it takes more than clever keystrokes to go from an idea to an end product or solution. It takes teams of people.
It takes active collaboration. It takes reaching out to other fields. It takes management as well as technical savvy. In other words, individuals with imagination and leadership.
Our computer Science curriculum is designed to offer students a great amount of flexibility-with time for related study and for outside opportunities, from sports to clubs to hobbies. You can readily combine your studies with other fields, including mathematics, physics, economics, psychology, and linguistics.
87. Harvard Department of Chemistry and Chemical BiologyThe Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology offers a program leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, with research and training opportunities in organic, inorganic, and physical chemistry, and in chemical biology. An interdepartmental Ph.D. program in Chemical Physics is also available.
Thesis research becomes the student's chief concern following an initial period of course work, teaching, and sampling research opportunities through our laboratory rotation system. Students' own interests and those of their faculty supervisor(s) guide the direction of the doctoral studies. The department's interactive and supportive social structure is a key element for promoting a high quality-of-life while achieving a high level of success.
Science in the 21st century is rich with opportunity and challenge. Our pillars for success in this complex world are all tied to interactions -- between people, and between disciplines. By building both strong interpersonal connections between our students and faculty, and effective bridges between disciplines, the entering graduate student at Harvard can thrive at the frontiers of research in the chemical and life Sciences.
88. Harvard Mathematics DepartmentThe mathematics department is located on the floors 2-5 in the Science center. A web camera from the 4'th floor as well as from the top allow you to check the local weather. Information how to reach the department is here. During the semesters, there is tea at 4 o'clock in the Math common room. On Fridays, there is usually "wine and cheese" available. (The name does not exclude that there is also "beer" and nonalcoholic drinks to be found there).
89. Harvard Medical SchoolHarvard Medical School has been synonymous with excellence in education, research and clinical care for generations.
Since the school was established in 1782, faculty members have improved human health by innovating in their roles as physicians, mentors and scholars. They’ve piloted educational models, developed new curricula to address emerging needs in health care, and produced thousands of leaders and compassionate caregivers who are shaping the fields of Science and medicine throughout the world with their expertise and passion.
90. Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences — Environmental Science and EngineeringFaculty are engaged in finding engineered solutions to the problems in the atmospheric, terrestrial, and aquatic compartments of the earth's environment. Research ranges from atmospheric Sciences to microbiology, climate, oceanography, environmental chemistry, water management, and international environmental policy.