Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
71. Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne - School of Basic Sciences PhysicsThe School of Basic Sciences is responsible for teaching and research in chemistry, mathematics, physics and related domains. A growing emphasis has been developing in fields at the interface between traditional disciplines, both within and outside of our School. Our interaction with the School of Life Sciences is particularly strong, as evidenced by jointly appointed professors, collaborative projects and shared infrastructure. To carry out our mission, we possess state-of-the art research facilities, support services and infrastructure.
72. EDP SciencesEDP Sciences is a publishing house that is fully dedicated to the services of authors and readers. It is owned by learned societies and run by publishing professionals. It receives support from several scientific communities and gives authors all the tools and services they need to showcase their work whilst circulating their articles and books as widely as possible. Many of the journals we publish are ranked first in their category (ISI impact factor).
EDP Sciences provides technical and sales support for the launching and growth of scientific or technical journals or professional magazines on an international scale. Its online delivery platform allows editorial content to be linked with other journals via CrossRef© and with indexing sites (Google Scholar, PubMed, MedLine, ADS-Nasa, etc.) in order to maximise the visibility and citations of articles.
73. Engineering Books OnlineScience Books Online is a directory of free Science texts, e-books, monographs, lecture notes, and other Science related documents. All texts are available for free access, authorized by their respective authors or publishers -- no pirated books here!
74. eScience News - Latest Science news articlesMeet our editor
There is no human editor behind e! Science News; it is powered by the e! news engine, a fully automated artificial intelligence.
Its sole purpose is to ensure that you have access to the very latest and popular Science breakthroughs. To achieve this, it constantly surfs the web to gather, regroup, categorize, tag and rank Science news from all major Science news sources.
It computes relationships between Science articles and news found on the web using a vector space model and hierarchical clustering. It then automatically determines in which category each news item belongs using a Naive Bayes classifier. Finally, it examines multiple parameters (such as timeliness, rate of appearance on the web, number of sources reporting the news, etc) for each news group. The result is an e! score which represents the relative importance of a news item.
Thanks to e! Science News, you now have a smart way to keep up to date with fast-evolving Science!
e! Science News was built and is maintained by Michael Imbeault, PhD student in Retrovirology & Bioinformatics. The site is not affiliated with any linked-to publications or sites.
75. ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)The Department of Physics (D-PHYS) at ETH Zurich conducts a rich program of research and teaching in the most important and exciting areas of physics. These range from the fundamental physical insights into Nature to the development of innovative technology for society. The core research and education domains are in Astrophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Neuroinformatics, Particle Physics, Quantum Optics and Electronics, and Theoretical Physics; the Laboratory for Ion Beam Physics in addition provides services to the national and international Science communities. Through our partnership with the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI), members of D-PHYS obtain access to excellent large-scale infrastructure, neutrons at the Swiss Spallation Neutron Source, photons at the Swiss Light Source, muons at the Swiss Muon Source, and detector technology through the particle physics division. Particle physicists are strongly involved in international collaborations (CMS, T2K, ArDM, MAGIC, nEDM) with experiments at major national and international laboratories (PSI, CERN, KEK); Astrophysicists lead major research programs on forefront international facilities at the European Southern Observatory (ESO) and European Space Agency (ESA). The National Competence Centers in research MaNEP, NANO, Quantum Photonics, QSIT, and MUST, the latter two hosted in D-PHYS, provide strong links to other departements of ETH Zurich and to the Swiss research community. We keep in touch with former students, postgraduates and professors of D-PHYS through ETH Alumni Math • Phys.
76. ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) - Department of BiologyThe mission of the ETH Department of Biology is:
- to provide research and academic education in Life Sciences at the highest international level of excellence;
- to generate, share, and apply new knowledge with special emphasis on the cellular and molecular foundations of life;
- to train undergraduate and postgraduate students so that they acquire the conceptual background and practical skills necessary for successful careers in Life Sciences;
- to maintain a scholarly environment that promotes professional and personal growth of students and department members alike.
77. ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) - Department of Chemistry and Applied BioSciencesOn behalf of all faculty members, students, and staff, I warmly welcome you to the homepage of the Department of Chemistry and Applied BioSciences (D-CHAB) at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich. On these pages you find detailed information on research and education at our Department in the fields of chemistry, chemical and bio-engineering and pharmaceutical Sciences.
78. ETH Zurich - Department of Earth SciencesEarth Sciences in Zurich
Earth system Sciences at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) and University of Zurich (UZH) work for a deeper understanding of all domains of our home planet, from the inner Earth to the continents, oceans, biosphere and atmosphere. We study structures from the atomic scale to the planetary scale, and try to understand the evolution of the planet in the past , as well as current and future processes. This understanding is of increasing importance for our civilization: mankind has an increasing influence on “system Earth” at both a regional and global level. Earth’s future evolution, as well as availability of resources such as petroleum and fresh water, and storage of radioactive waste or carbon dioxide is challenges currently requiring solutions.
In order to accomplish our goals we employ tools such as laboratory experiments, extensive field campaigns, computational simulations and remote sensing, for example by satellites. The Earth serves as a laboratory and an archive that can be used to understand long-term processes, which are often challenging to decipher, Investigations of this archive, which includes volcanic rocks, deep-sea sediments and ice-sheets in which long-term changes have been preserved, can prove valuable to understand our current problems: “the past is the key to the future.
79. Free Engineering BooksFree Engineering Books Contains links to various Online Engineering Text Books, online notes and reference materials on various engineering topics such as Computer, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Instrumentation and many more. Free Engineering Books Contains links to various Online Engineering Text Books, online notes and reference materials on various engineering topics such as Computer, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Instrumentation and many more. Here is an alphabetical list of online engineering books available for free download. There are books covering wide areas of electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, materials Science, civil engineering, chemical and bioengineering, telecommunications, signal processing, etc. The books are mainly in PDF format for offline reading, some of them are online only HTML versions. Here is a categorized directory of engineering books. This list will be updated daily.
80. Free interactive educational elementary Science activities for kids onlineOur site includes interactive learning games, quizzes, and worksheet generator tools by subject (creative arts, foreign languages, language arts, math, Science, social studies), articles, literacy coloring pages and more.