Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
51. Cornell University - Research - Department of Materials Science and EngineeringThe field of Materials Science & Engineering is evolving dramatically as we enter the 21st Century. What began as the study of metals and ceramics in the 1960s has broadened in recent years to include semiconductors and soft materials. With this evolution and broadening of the discipline, current research projects span multiple materials classes and build on expertise in many different fields. As a result, current research in Materials Science and Engineering is increasingly defined by materials systems rather than materials classes.
At Cornell, the Department of Materials Science & Engineering (MS&E) has adopted this new systems-based vision of the field by defining four strategic areas which are considered to be critical for today’s emerging research. The four strategic research areas are Energy Production and Storage, Electronics and Photonics, Bioinspired Materials and Systems, and Green Technologies.
Materials Science & Engineering is an exciting and vibrant interdisciplinary research field. Cornell MS&E draws upon its world-class faculty, innovative researchers, state-of-the-art facilities and highly collaborative research environment to respond to challenging technological and societal demands both in the present and the future.
52. Department of Geography, University of Zurich - E-LearningWelcome to elearning@GeoWiss
- the e-learning website of special division GeoScience (Fachbereich IV).
The special division GeoScience of the faculty of mathematics and natural Sciences includes:
• Geography (GIUZ)
• Environmental Sciences (IfU)
• Palaeontology (PIM)
• Earth Sciences/Geology ETHZ (teaching activities with UZH)
53. Department of Statistics - Stanford UniversityWelcome to the Department of Statistics at Stanford University. We are located in Sequoia Hall, at the southwest corner of the intersection of Serra Street and Lomita Mall. Statistics has been taught at Stanford University since 1924 under Harold Hotelling. The program became a full department at Stanford in 1948, and we moved into our new building as part of the first Science and Engineering Quad (SEQ) in February of 1998, our 50th anniversary.
The department's goals are to acquaint students with the role played in Science and technology by probabilistic and statistical ideas and methods, to provide instruction in the theory and application of techniques that have been found to be commonly useful, and to train research workers in probability and statistics. There are courses for general students as well as those who plan careers in statistics in business, government, industry, and teaching.
54. Department of Statistics - University of California, BerkeleyWe are a community engaged in research and education in probability and statistics. In addition to developing fundamental theory and methodology, we are actively involved in statistical problems that arise in such diverse fields as molecular biology, geophysics, astronomy, AIDS research, neurophysiology, sociology, political Science, education, demography, and the U.S. Census. We have forged strong interdisciplinary links with other departments and areas of study, particularly mathematics, computer Science, and biology, and actively seek to recruit graduate students and faculty who can help to build and maintain such links. We also offer a statistical consulting service each semester.
55. Discover Magazine - Science and Technology News, Science ArticlesRead Discover Magazine online for Science news, articles, current events and future views on technology, space, environment, health and medical, more.
56. DrsCavanaugh - Educational TechnologyWhat we do...In addition to being a university teacher I am also technical writer, curriculum writer, educational consultant and workshop presenter. I work in a wide variety of areas including instructional technology, assistive technology in education, Science education, distance learning, digital cameras, web design, multimedia, and repurposing media for education. (see Consulting and Workshops)
I have had over twenty-five years of teaching experience ranging from middle and high school Science and technology to college Science, Science education and instructional technology.
57. Duke University - Department of BiologyAmong Research I Universities, Duke University hosts one of the few broad "Biology Departments" in the country, providing students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to learn and perform research in a highly integrative and interactive setting. Our department hosts over 45 active faculty research laboratories studying areas spanning developmental biology, cell biology, molecular biology, ecology, evolution, organismal biology, and genomics. Undergraduates benefit from having these world experts present the topics of their research passions in the classroom, exposing them to both the fundamental principles and the latest results or controversies. PhD students join research teams either through our own extremely flexible graduate program in Biology or through a diverse array of interdisciplinary programs, such as those spanning the Nicholas School of Earth and Ocean Sciences or the Medical School. The department interacts heavily among the diverse disciplines represented within it, with other Duke University departments, and with programs at the many other nearby universities. Come visit, and see how we do "Biology with a big B!"
58. e-Learning - UK Centre for Materials EducationThere are increasing and varied pressures driving the rise in use of e-Learning within UK higher education. There is no doubt that new technologies provide exciting opportunities for enhancement and innovation in learning.
Materials Science – being a technology-driven subject – lends itself well to this, and a number of specialist resources have been created by those working in the discipline, for use by everyone.
59. e-Learning for KidsIn today's complex world, children's futures are determined by their ability to master the basics of reading, Science, math and computers. Yet costs, class sizes and other issues often prevent children access to quality online learning that can support and reinforce these essential skills.
Our vision is to be the source for childhood learning on the Internet - available from anywhere and without charge. Established in late 2004, e-Learning for Kids is a global, nonprofit foundation dedicated to fun and free learning on the Internet for children ages 5 - 12. We offer free, best-in-class courseware in math, Science, reading and keyboarding; and we're building a community for parents and educators to share innovations and insights in childhood education.
60. Ecole Polytechnique - Departement d EconomieLa formation en Sciences economiques a l'Ecole doit repondre aux attentes multiples d'une population d'eleves ayant des projets professionnels heterogenes. De nombreux eleves se destinant a des postes de responsabilites en tant qu'ingenieurs dans le monde industriel, ont besoin d'une part, d'une initiation solide aux principes generaux et aux methodes d'analyse de la discipline, et d'autre part, de pouvoir beneficier d'enseignements plus appliques, centres sur le monde de l'entreprise et son environnement. Une proportion grandissante des emplois offerts aux eleves a la sortie, ou peu apres la sortie de l'Ecole (environ 40% a l'heure actuelle), a trait a des metiers "economiques"ou"paraeconomiques", notamment dans des institutions financieres ou bancaires, nationales ou internationales. L'objectif du cursus offert est de permettre aux eleves concernes d'acquerir une maitrise generale, aussi complete que possible, des methodes de base des Sciences economiques et de leurs diverses applications, afin qu'ils puissent s'engager dans ces metiers avec efficacite, sans pour autant devenir des "economistes professionnels".