Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
211. Rockefeller UniversityThe Rockefeller University is a world-renowned center for research and graduate education in the biomedical Sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics and physics. The university's 73 laboratories conduct both clinical and basic research and study a diverse range of biological and biomedical problems with the mission of improving the understanding of life for the benefit of humanity.
Founded in 1901 by John D. Rockefeller, the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research was the country's first institution devoted exclusively to biomedical research. The Rockefeller University Hospital was founded in 1910 as the first hospital devoted exclusively to clinical research. In the 1950s, the institute expanded its mission to include graduate education and began training new generations of scientists to become research leaders around the world. In 1965, it was renamed The Rockefeller University.
The university is supported by a combination of government and private grants and contracts, private philanthropy and income from the endowment.
Since its founding, The Rockefeller University has embraced an open structure to encourage collaboration between disciplines and empower faculty members to take on high-risk, high-reward projects. No formal departments exist, bureaucracy is kept to a minimum and scientists are given resources, support and unparalleled freedom to follow the Science wherever it leads.
This unique approach to Science has led to some of the world's most revolutionary contributions to biology and medicine.
Throughout Rockefeller's history, 24 of its scientists have won Nobel Prizes, 21 have won Lasker Awards and 14 have garnered the National Medal of Science, the highest Science award given by the United States.
For more than 100 years, The Rockefeller Hospital has served as an essential link between laboratory investigation and bedside observation, as patients are participants in clinical studies building on basic research findings from Rockefeller laboratories. This continuous spectrum of research allows for in-depth study of the basis of disease detection, prevention and observation.
The David Rockefeller Graduate Program is based on the concept of learning Science by doing Science, and is custom tailored to its individual students and attracts a diverse group of exceptional scientists from around the world. The university also offers one of the nation's top M.D.-Ph.D. programs with neighboring Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Cornell Medical College.
In addition to the graduate program, there are other learning/training opportunities available, including postdoctoral research, fellowships for the Center for Studies in Physics and Biology and the Clinical Scholars Program, a master's degree for recent M.D. or M.D.-Ph.D. recipients to begin careers in patient-oriented research.
212. Rockefeller University - Entering the World of Scientific DiscoveryWelcome to The Rockefeller University Science Outreach Program website. Our goal is to engage students with opportunities to do hands-on, mentored, scientific discovery and to run workshops to provide teachers with the tools they need to instill a passion for Science in their students.
213. RoutledgeRoutledge is a global publisher of quality academic books, journals & online reference
We publish hundreds of journals and thousands of new books each year, from offices all over the world. Our current publishing program encompasses the liveliest texts, and the best in research, with over 35,000 books in print. Use our navigation bar above to browse our products, resources and information in a wide array of subjects and disciplines, with a focus on the humanities and social Sciences.
214. Sandia National Labs - Materials Science and Engineering CenterThe Materials Characterization Department, serves our customers by helping them to better understand the structure, composition and properties of materials, by helping them develop better materials for their applications, and by helping them develop lifetime performance predictions for their materials. To accomplish this, we apply spectroscopic and diffraction techniques, light and electron microscopy, metallography, surface analysis, chemical analysis, thermal analysis, and mechanical analysis to characterize materials and components. We also act as a gateway to materials characterization capabilities within and outside of Sandia. We take pride in owning, maintaining and utilizing to the fullest extent the best instrumentation available anywhere. We serve the entire corporation in their material analysis needs and frequently other federal agencies and industry.
215. Science - Flat World KnowledgeWe are a college textbook publishing company with a mission to use technology and innovative business models to lower costs, increase access and personalize learning worldwide.
We work with successful textbook authors and well-known scholars to create great textbooks. Our open textbook model gives faculty complete control over our content. Students have a choice of low-cost print and digital formats, including a free online reader.
216. Science Books OnlineScience Books Online lists free Science e-books, textbooks, lecture notes, monographs, and other Science related documents. All texts are available for free reading online, or for downloading in various formats. Select your favorite categories from the menu on the left, or browse the list of recently added books below.
217. Science Daily: News and Articles in Science, Health, Environment and TechnologyScienceDaily is one of the Internet's most popular Science news web sites. Since starting in 1995, the award-winning site has earned the loyalty of students, researchers, healthcare professionals, government agencies, educators and the general public around the world. Now with more than 3 million monthly visitors, ScienceDaily generates nearly 15 million page views a month and is steadily growing in its global audience. No other web site offers readers the depth and breadth of breaking news about the latest scientific discoveries that ScienceDaily does in such a user-friendly format - all freely accessible with no subscription fees. With over 65,000 research articles, 15,000 images, 2,500 encyclopedia entries, 1,500 book reviews, and hundreds of educational videos, there is something for everyone on ScienceDaily.
Updated several times a day with breaking news and feature articles, seven days a week, the site covers discoveries in all fields of the physical, biological, earth and applied Sciences. Stories are integrated with photographs and illustrations, links to journals and academic studies, related research and topics, encyclopedia articles, and videos, to provide a wealth of relevant information on almost every Science topic imaginable - from astrophysics to zoology. And thanks to a custom search function, readers can do their own research using the site's extensive archive of stories, topics, articles, videos, images and books.
ScienceDaily is best known for showcasing the top Science news stories from the world's leading universities and research organizations. These stories are selected from among dozens of press releases and other materials submitted to ScienceDaily every day, and then edited to ensure high quality and relevance. Universities have come to rely on ScienceDaily to spread news about their scientists' findings to a wider audience. And through ScienceDaily's email newsletters and RSS newsfeeds (offered freely to both commercial and non-commercial web sites as well as individuals), news about these important discoveries is further amplified.
218. Science Education BooksBrowsing new and published books in the subject of Science Education - sorted by publish date from newer books to older books.
219. Science Gateway - Journal and Academic RankingsScience Gateway is a directory of links and resources for
biomedical Science and research. It is compiled by a group of scientists located in Europe and North America. We do not belong to any organization. Anyone who finds this website helpful is welcome to use it free of charge.
220. Science NewsScience News has been published since 1922. This award-winning biweekly news magazine covers important and emerging research in all fields of Science. It publishes concise, accurate, timely articles that appeal to both general readers and scientists, reaching nearly 130,000 subscribers and more than one million readers. Audible.com distributes an audio edition of Science News. News from the Science News reporting team also appears at www.Sciencenews.org. Updated daily, this site covers all areas of Science.
Science News is published by Society for Science & the Public, a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to the public engagement in scientific research and education.