Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
181. Northwestern University - Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences - Department of ChemistryEstablished in 1884 and located on the shore of Lake Michigan in Evanston, Illinois, Northwestern University's Department of Chemistry is a center for global excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and research in chemistry. We have a long-standing commitment to collaborative research in the fundamentals of chemistry as well as exploring multidisciplinary connections in nanotechnology, energy Sciences, catalysis, life processes, biological chemistry, material Science, drug development, chemical and biological engineering, and environmental Science. Our department has innovative faculty and outstanding students. We currently have 29 world-renowned, 100% research active chemistry faculty including eight members of the National Academy of Sciences and one Knight-Bachelor. READ MORE
182. NSF Mathematical Sciences InstitutesAIM | IAS | ICERM | IMA | IPAM | MBI | MSRI | SAMSI
183. Oklahoma State University - Department of MathematicsThe Mathematics Department at Oklahoma State University offers degrees from the bachelors through the doctorate. There are 32 tenured/tenure-track faculty in the department with research interests in several subfields of mathematics, including number theory, Lie groups and representation theory, topology, applied mathematics, algebraic geometry, analysis and mathematics education. The faculty maintain active research programs, publish regularly, and give presentations both nationally and internationally. Many of the faculty members have obtained research grants and awards from the National Science Foundation and other sources. Currently two faculty have Humboldt fellowships to pursue research in Germany.
Undergraduate majors can customize their studies under tracks for pure mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics for secondary education or financial mathematics. Currently we have about 50 students who have declared mathematics as their first major. Many secondary education majors in the College of Education who plan to teach mathematics have a second major in mathematics. Students in physics and engineering often choose mathematics for a minor.Graduates work in industry, teach or go into graduate studies.
184. Online E Learning Courses and Distance Learning Course - Advanced Technology in Material ScienceThe Global recession in 2008 caused a pronounced deceleration in the Industrial World. The manufacturers of the advanced Countries started outsourcing their manufacturing activities to Asian Countries for economic reasons. But now the picture has changed, as the labor and other manufacturing costs has escalated in China and other Asian Countries as well. These Companies are now bringing back their manufacturing activities to their own Country. It is certain that the advance technology in material Science will help the manufacturers of advanced countries to in-source their activities.
185. Online MS in Computer Science DegreeDrexel University is a winner of the 2010 Sloan-C Award for Excellence in Institution-Wide Online Education. Founded in 1891 and offering online degrees since 1996, Drexel University has become renowned for innovative, Internet-based distance education programs for working professionals and corporations in the United States and abroad.
Drexel University is committed to providing Quality Education Online by offering a convenient way to earn a reputable, accredited degree, with no career interruption, commuting or fixed class hours. Drexel University offers over 100 online degrees and online certifcate programs for adults.
186. Oregon NanoScience and Microtechnologies Institute (ONAMI)ONAMI is Oregon’s first Signature Research Center. A deep collaboration among Oregon universities, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, industry, and the investment community, ONAMI accelerates research and commercialization of materials Science and related device and system technologies in Oregon. Since 2004, awards to our research members have grown four-fold, the number of companies using our NanoNet facilities have grown three-fold, and companies in our gap fund portfolio have raised over $102M in leveraged funds.
187. Oxford AbstractsWho are we?
Oxford Abstracts is a UK company founded in 2001 and has become one of the leading providers of abstract management services.
The two principals are Kim Wilson, a former senior manager at Oxford University Press, and Geoff Campbell, former Research Director with Merrill Lynch Investment Managers.
Both have a Science background and extensive experience of the Internet and electronic publishing.
We pioneered low cost abstract and paper management and our online systems have been used by more than 250 organisations in 24 countries, either directly or through association management companies and professional conference organizers.
Our clients include: Elsevier, the world's largest Science publisher; The Institute of Electrical Engineering, Europe's largest engineering publisher; Cancer Research UK, the UK's flagship cancer organisation.
188. Oxford e-Research CentreThe Oxford e-Research Centre works with research units across the whole of Oxford University to enable the use and development of innovative computational and information technology in multidisciplinary collaborations.
Since its inception 2006 the Centre has grown to be an internationally prestigious team of over 50 multidisciplinary researchers committed to accelerating research through innovative technology and is home to a portfolio of research projects in the Sciences, social Sciences, humanities, technology and research infrastructure development.
189. Peking University - College of Chemistry and Molecular EngineeringCollege of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering grows based on the former College of Chemistry of Peking University. College of Chemistry, the first chemistry department in China, was founded in 1910. In 1952, after the national wide universities adjustment, College of Chemistry of Peking University was combined with former departments of chemistry of Tsinghua University and Yanjing University. In 1994 College of Chemistry was renamed as College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering (abbreviated to College of Chemistry). The former technical physics subject was merged into College of Chemistry in 2001.
Now, College of Chemistry is set up with 5 departments: Department of Chemistry, Department of Material Chemistry, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Department of Applied Chemistry and Department of Chemical Biology; 8 institutes: Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Institute of Physical Chemistry and Institute of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry; 2 state key laboratories, 2 MOE key laboratories and research centers: State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry of Unstable and Stable Species, MOE Key Laboratory of Bio-Organic and Molecular Engineering, Analysis and Test Center of Peking University, Experimental Chemistry Center of Peking University, and Nano-Chemistry Technology Research Center of Peking University. Inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer chemistry and physics, organic chemistry and analytical chemistry are the key majors by the MOE. At the end of 2003, MOST approved College of Chemistry and Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science to jointly prepare to construct Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Science. College of Chemistry undertakes Acta Physico-Chimica Sinica and University Chemistry, and hold Research Center of High School Chemical Education by the trust of MOE.
190. Peking University - Department of Probability and Statistics, School of Mathematical SciencesProbability and Statistics---an international conference in honor of P.L. Hsu’s 100th birthday, will be held at Yingjie Conference Center, Peking University, Beijing, China, on July 5-7, 2010.
Researchers, professors and graduate students in probability and statistics are welcome to attend the conference. Registration fee is not needed, and lunches will be provided. If you plan to attend, please register (50 seats available). We will confirm your registration by email. Please arrange the traffic and accommodation by yourself. For hotels near the campus, please click here.