Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
171. National Science Education Standards (1996)In a world filled with the products of scientific inquiry, scientific literacy has become a necessity for everyone. Everyone needs to use scientific information to make choices that arise every day. Everyone needs to be able to engage intelligently in public discourse and debate about important issues that involve Science and technology. And everyone deserves to share in the excitement and personal fulfillment that can come from understanding and learning about the natural world.
172. National Science Foundation (NSF)The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of Science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense. With an annual budget of about $6.9 billion (FY 2010), we are the funding source for approximately 20 percent of all federally supported basic research conducted by America's colleges and universities. In many fields such as mathematics, computer Science and the social Sciences, NSF is the major source of federal backing.
173. National Science Teachers Association - Science and Education ResourceHeadquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the National Science Teachers Association is a member-driven organization, 60,000-strong. We publish books and journals for Science teachers from kindergarten through college. Each year we hold four conferences on Science education: three regional events in the fall and a national gathering in the spring. We provide ways for Science teachers to connect with one another. We inform Congress and the public on vital questions affecting Science literacy and a well-educated workforce. And with your help, we can do even more.
174. National University of Singapore (NUS) - Department of Statistics and Applied ProbabilityThe Department of Statistics and Applied Probability (DSAP) was established in 1998 with the goals to advance statistical Science, and, ultimately by its application, to improve and provide adequate services to our community. To achieve these goals, the Department of Statistics and Applied Probability offers training and research programs to develop and apply innovative statistical methods to problems of economics, finance, banking business, insurance, marketing research, engineering, human health and disease, including basic biomedical Sciences.
In addition to offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Statistics, DSAP also offers degrees at both Master's and doctoral levels. These programs are appropriate for the student who has a mathematical or statistics background. The undergraduate curriculum offers students the most needed probability and statistical knowledge; the graduate program prepares them to conduct research and scientific investigations in collaborative environments.
175. National University of Singapore (NUS) - Materials Science and EngineeringMission
To provide high-quality “Science-driven, Application-oriented” education & research programs in advanced materials for discovery and implementation of new technologies.
Materials Science and Engineering is a dynamic, interdisciplinary study that combines the fundamental Sciences (chemistry, physics and life Sciences) with applied engineering (electronic, mechanical, chemical and bio-engineering).
It strives for basic understanding of how the Science of material structures and processes at the atomic scale results in the properties and functions familiar at the engineering level. One aspect involves studying and designing materials to make them useful and reliable in the service of human kind.
176. National University of Singapore - Department of ChemistryThe Department of Chemistry is one of the pioneer departments in the university and traces its history to 1929 when Raffles College was established in Singapore. Today we are a large and dynamic Department comprising talented research faculty who are well-recognized in their fields of inquiry, teaching faculty who win university educator awards, and technical and administrative staff who garner university acclaim for their achievements
Our 63 research faculty members are engaged in research in the core areas of inorganic, organic, physical and analytical chemistry as well as in interdisciplinary research areas of chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, biophysics and materials Science. Five faculty members hold joint appointments with other departments and many are members of interdisciplinary research institutes and centres.
177. National University of Singapore - Faculty of Science - Department of Biological SciencesIn 2009, we celebrate the 60th Anniversary of our founding as two departments, Botany and Zoology. During this period we merged to become one of the best Life Sciences Departments in the Asia Pacific Region with core strengths in Ecology/Biodiversity, Cell/Molecular/Developmental Biology and Biophysical Sciences. As we look forward, we aim to create a new department whose focus is sharply centered on emerging and strategic problems in biological Sciences and using powerful quantitative and computational biology approaches for studying and modeling those problems.
The mission of the Department of Biological Sciences is education, research, and outreach. Faculty go to the local schools to talk about their passion for biological research, the potential benefits for the environment and human health, and the careers that await students with a Life Sciences education. Befittingly, DBS anchors the teaching of the undergraduate Life Sciences Curriculum and offers NUS undergrads the opportunity to conduct state-of-art research through UROPs and honor thesis projects. Our graduate program attracts the best students from 17 countries and 3 continents. Backed by world-class funding in biological research from NUS and the Singapore Government, DBS offers new graduate students their pick of projects in areas as diverse as tropical and urban ecology and biodiversity, microbial ecology, molecular cell biology and developmental biology of plants and fish, structural biology, systems biology, computational biology and bioinformatics, and new programs in mechanobiology and bioimaging Sciences. Our goal is for DBS to be an international hub for biological Sciences research.
DBS is an international department with an international faculty and strong international ties in research and teaching with MIT through the Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) and the MIT SMART research groups, with labs at Tsinghua and Xiamen University through the Trilateral Research Collaboration, and with top Indian research institutes and universities such as the Indian Institute of Science, Anna University, and the University of Madras. The Year of the Tiger has great promise to bring new educational and research initiatives to DBS. We welcome you to enter this portal and explore the diverse offerings in the Department of Biological Sciences.
Paul Matsudaira (Professor and Head of Department)
178. New ScientistNew Scientist magazine was launched in 1956 "for all those men and women who are interested in scientific discovery, and in its industrial, commercial and social consequences". The brand's mission is no different today - for its consumers, New Scientist reports, explores and interprets the results of human endeavour set in the context of society and culture.
New Scientist online was launched in 1996 and now carries an archive of over 76,000 content pieces. We have developed our site to include specific channels to cater for our audience's wide variety of interests. The website includes news and features, engaging headlines, fascinating stories and amazing facts, delivered through the latest news slots, in-depth articles, video, blogs and commenting. New Scientist explains why a development is significant as well as putting social and cultural context around it, delivering more insight than any other current affairs or Science source.
Find out more about the New Scientist brand
179. News in ScienceSections
Latest News in Science News Analysis StarStuff News Archive Tag library
180. Northwestern University - Materials Science and EngineeringThe Department of Materials Science and Engineering is recognized throughout the materials community for its educational and research accomplishments.
Since it was established as the first materials Science academic department in the world more than 50 years ago, the department has continued to lead the field. Faculty members are renowned for their research excellence and have been honored around the world for pioneering work. Department alumni are likewise leaders in academia, industry, professional organizations, and entrepreneurial efforts.