Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
141. Materials Science - Wikibooks, open books for an open worldMaterials Science is the study of the structural and functional properties of materials. It focuses on the factors inherent within materials that influence their properties. These factors include composition, the structure of the matter within the material and the type and quantity of defects that are present. It is a multidisciplinary subject that draws upon and feeds back to the learning in just about every field of Science and engineering in some way or another placing the subject in a central role to many of the activities in these related subjects.
This book is aimed at those studying materials Science at the undergraduate level in university whether as their major field or as a single module of a related engineering course.
142. Materials Science and Engineering - MIT OpenCourseWareStudents, professors, and researchers in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering explore the relationships between structure and properties in all classes of materials including metals, ceramics, electronic materials, and biomaterials.
Our research leads to the synthesis of improved materials in response to challenges in the areas of energy, the environment, medicine, and manufacturing.
Collaborating with industry, government, and other institutions, our research contributes to a broad range of fields. In a recent U.S. Army-funded study, we used nanotechnological methods to study the structure of scales of the fish Polypterus senegalus, leading to more effective ways of designing human body armor. In the MIT and Dow Materials Engineering Contest (MADMEC), student teams design and prototype devices to harness, store, and exploit alternative energy sources. With support from the Lord Foundation, the purchase of advanced equipment will allow us to build custom experimental equipment, develop and test prototypes, and even make a new part for an unmanned air vehicle.
143. Materials Science and Engineering at Michigan TechThe Department of Materials Science and Engineering provides demonstration visits to allow K-12 school students an opportunity to explore the field of materials Science and engineering. These visits provide “hands-on” activities in addition to demonstrations of instruments and processes used in the materials field. Students observe objects at magnifications by tens of thousands in the scanning electron microscope, and see molten metal poured into a sand mold in our foundry.
144. Materials Science and Technology - Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st CenturyThe report assesses the current state of chemistry and chemical engineering at the interface with materials Science and identifies challenges for research. Recent advances are blurring the distinction between chemistry and materials Science and are enabling the creation of new materials that, to date, have only been predicted by theory. These advances include a greater ability to construct materials from molecular components, to design materials for a desired function, to understand molecular "self-assembly, and to improve processes by which the material is "engineered" into the final product.
145. Materials Science Books - InTech OpenInTech is a pioneer and world's largest multidisciplinary open access publisher of books covering the fields of Science, Technology and Medicine. Since 2004, InTech has collaborated with more than 70 000 authors and published 2004 books and 8 journals with the aim of providing free online access to high-quality research and helping leading academics to make their work visible and accessible to diverse new audiences around the world.
146. Mathematical Sciences Research InstituteThe Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) is dedicated to the advancement and communication of fundamental knowledge in mathematics and the mathematical Sciences, to the development of human capital for the growth and use of such knowledge, and to the cultivation in the larger society of awareness and appreciation of the beauty, power and importance of mathematical ideas and ways of understanding the world.
147. MathSciNet - Mathematical Review on the WebFor essential information for our reviewers, please see detailed information about the Mathematical Reviews Database.
MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical Sciences literature. Over 100,000 new items are added each year, most of them classified according to the Mathematics Subject Classification. Authors are uniquely identified, enabling a search for publications by individual author rather than by name string. Continuing in the tradition of the paper publication, Mathematical Reviews (MR), which was first published in 1940, expert reviewers are selected by a staff of professional mathematicians to write reviews of the current published literature; over 40,000 reviews are added to the database each year. Extending the MR tradition, MathSciNet contains over 2 million items and over 1 million direct links to original articles. Bibliographic data from retrodigitized articles dates back to the early 1800s. Reference lists are collected and matched internally from approximately 450 journals, and citation data for journals, authors, articles and reviews is provided. This web of citations allows users to track the history and influence of research publications in the mathematical Sciences.
148. McGill University - Department of BiologyThe study of biology has vast practical applications in agriculture, medicine, biotechnology, genetic engineering, environmental protection and conservation. The Department of Biology's well-equipped teaching and research laboratories are located in the Stewart Biology Building, and in the Bellini Life Sciences Building. Academic staff members, research associates, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students carry out research in areas of molecular biology, human genetics, ecology, animal behaviour, developmental biology, neurobiology, marine biology, plant biology and evolution.
149. McGraw-Hill Higher EducationMain Catalogs:
Business, Economics, & Computer Information Technology
Humanities, Social Sciences, and World Languages
Science and Mathematics
150. Microsoft Research PhD ScholarshipThe PhD Scholarship Programme recognises and supports exceptional students who show the potential to make an outstanding contribution to Science and computing. This programme supports PhD students in computing and those working at the intersection of computing and other Sciences.