Advanced search in archive:
I have found 380 results for the term "Science" in the entire database.
111. Institute of Computer Science and TechnologyICST is the national key research institute in applied computer technology. Founded in 1983, ICST has been committing to the application of computer Sciences and technologies to printing and publishing industries, including computer graphics and image process, Chinese information processing, network and database technologies etc. With comprehensive and systematic research works for over two decades, ICST made world-leading computer technological innovations and first-class IT application breakthroughs in the industries. As the result of the works, several technological revolutions in the printing and publishing industries has been successfully achieved and 5 National Awards of Science and Technology granted for ICST. There are two premier research centers as the affiliation of ICST: National Engineering Research Center on New Technology in E-Publishing and Center of Chinese Character Font Design.
In 21st century, responding to the trend of networking and digitalization of information technology, a number of research areas have initiated, including network publishing, digital audio and video, and information security technology.
112. Institute of Education SciencesAbout the Institute of Education Sciences
The Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002 established within the U.S. Department of Education, the Institute of Education Sciences (IES). The mission of IES is to provide rigorous evidence on which to ground education practice and policy. This is accomplished through the work of its four centers.
Take a look at the Education Science Reform Act of 2002 [156K].
Archive of information from the Office of Educational Research and Improvement.
113. Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining ProfessionalsThe Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3) is a major UK engineering institution whose activities encompass the whole materials cycle, from exploration and extraction, through characterisation, processing, forming, finishing and application, to product recycling and land reuse. It exists to promote and develop all aspects of materials Science and engineering, geology, mining and associated technologies, mineral and petroleum engineering and extraction metallurgy, as a leading authority in the worldwide materials and mining community.
114. Institute of Physics SingaporeThe Institute of Physics, Singapore (IPS), a constituent body of the Singapore National Academy of Science, is the only professional body for physicists in Singapore.
Fellowship of Physicists and the Promotion of Physics in Singapore
To promote the advancement of physics and its applications.
To advance and maintain the character and status of the profession of physics and its applications and those engaged therein.
To facilitate the exchange of information in physics and its applications through meetings, exhibitions, publications and other ways.
To publicize and disseminate information about physics and its applications and on matters concerning the profession.
To represent the opinion of the members of the Institute on matters related to the objects of the Institute.
To encourage the improvement of education in physics and the training of those interested in physics.
To make grants and loans to promote education, invention and research in physics and its applications.
115. Institutes - BioChemistry - Olsztyn PolandInstitute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of PAS conducts basic and applicatory investigations in the area of agricultural, veterinary and biological Sciences. The results achieved are implemented into the food and proceesing industry and animal breeding.
116. Institutes - Biosensors - Olsztyn PolandDepartment of Biosensors
The intensive development of Science and technology has brought longevity and higher standards of living but paradoxically also generated new threats to human health. Good health is jeopardised by chemical compounds, both organic and inorganic, found in waste by-products of numerous technological processes. Moreover, pharmaceuticals and pesticides introduced into the food chain and their biological change by - products may have a negative impact on human life and the environment.
117. International Association of GeoChemistry (IAGC)The International Association of GeoChemistry (IAGC) is a private, not-for-profit international organization committed to excellence in the geochemical Sciences that promotes the application of chemistry across the entire spectrum of the earth and environmental Sciences. This is accomplished through sponsoring scientific conferences and educational activities, establishing internal specialty-area working groups, and disseminating new geochemical knowledge through scientific publishing.
118. International Commision on Physics Education (ICPE)The International Commission on Physics Education promotes the exchange of information and views among the members of the international scientific community in Physics Education including:
- The collection, evaluation, coordination and distribution of information concerning education in the physical Sciences at all levels,
- Information relating to the assessment of standards of physics teaching and learning
- Suggestions of ways in which the facilities for the study of physics at all levels might be improved, stimulating experiments at all levels, and giving help to physics teachers in all countries in incorporating current knowledge of physics, physics pedagogy, and the results of research in physics education into their courses and curricula.
119. International Computer Science Institute - Berkeley, CaliforniaThe International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) is a leading center for research in computer Science and one of the few independent, non-profit research institutes in the United States. With its unique focus on international collaboration, ICSI brings together experts from around the world in areas such as computer networking, speech and language processing, bioinformatics, computer architecture, computer vision, and artificial intelligence. This is accomplished through active international visitor programs in which researchers from abroad visit ICSI to work with staff scientists and their networks of academic, government, and industrial partners.
120. Johns Hopkins University - Department of MedicineWelcome to the Web site of the Department of Medicine of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Whether you are a current trainee, a potential house staff member or fellow, a present or future patient, a member of our faculty or a colleague in medicine or Science, we hope that you will find here the information you are seeking. Navigating this site will introduce you to whatever aspects of this great Department interest you.